June 18th Day 11 on the ship
Then we went to "The Resistance" museum that explains the history of the island and their fight for independence from Indonesia in 1999.
It was really well done and interesting. After Melissa and I tried to get out snorkeling at the same place we went last time, but the tide was too far out to get there. Instead we spent a wonderful evening sitting on the beach and looking in neat little tide pools.
While walking back to port we stopped at a little fruit market with everything piled up in perfect little piles, and drank from coconuts.
On the way we came across a small music festival and a handicrafts market. The sunset was fantastic, and it was the perfect way to end the day.
0630: Called off! God is good to me. I really didn't know if I was going to make it today. I'm a sick mess still. I showed up and they told me to go take the day off. What a blessing.
13:40: I went back to sleep and slept till noon.
2000: We went out to shore and made a few stops to escape the rocking ship. We visited the Tais market again and I got the perfect little passport hideaway bag for cheap. I took a picture with the lady that I bought my Tais rug from.
Her adorable baby boy watched us the whole time.
It was really well done and interesting. After Melissa and I tried to get out snorkeling at the same place we went last time, but the tide was too far out to get there. Instead we spent a wonderful evening sitting on the beach and looking in neat little tide pools.
While walking back to port we stopped at a little fruit market with everything piled up in perfect little piles, and drank from coconuts.
On the way we came across a small music festival and a handicrafts market. The sunset was fantastic, and it was the perfect way to end the day.








No comments:
Post a Comment