I slept in till noon. I got like 2 nights sleep in one night. Wow. We set out to the town to find an exceedingly civil metro.
And then proceeded to discover the beautiful city center of Valencia. Amazing. We shopped all day and I couldn't believe how much shopping variety they have here. There's a new brand of wonderfully cute clothes every three feet. The buildings are historic and clean. I loved seeing establishments that were 100 years old but looked like they were built yesterday.Pink bricks. Old buildings with new buildings on top of them. Classy senior citizens. Love it. Pull and Bear. Stradivarius. Calzedonia. Speaking of which we went a little crazy buying tights and leggings in Calzedonia. I also got some shoes at Ulanka.
I got some classic paella Valenciana for lunch and beggars actually ask for food here so we gave our leftovers to two different people who came asking for them. One was an old man who only took a piece of pizza and was off. I had to get a creepster snap.
(Giant paella bean)
I'm also a little obsessed with the orange trees here. We ate in the shade of one and I was excited about it the whole time.
We came across the bull fighting ring. It's like the one in Nîmes but red brick instead of Colloseo stone. We also look like a Calzedonia ad.
I think it's going to be a yes for Valencia. This city exceeded expectations, and a week will be well spent here.











No comments:
Post a Comment