Monday, August 20, 2012

The Cancun-camera: "Whale Sharks"

So I'm pretty annoyed that our video is too long to be posted on here and I have to use youtube, but swimming with whale sharks in Cancun was the coolest thing I think I've ever done. It was a two hour boat ride out and another 2 hours back in on rough seas and I have a tendency to get sick easily.. I was throwing up non-stop for a solid 3-4 hours. The sharks themselves were terrifying. They'd come at you with these huge open mouths and swipe their huge tails so close to you. I've never been so in awe with nature. Whale sharks are beautiful.  Garrett-Mr.-Small-Plane-Pilot even got sick and we had a great time bonding and throwing up together. While we snorkeled we had to come up occasionally to take our puke breaks and then go back down to the sharks. These pictures were mostly taken before the worst of it, cause we spent the boat ride back laying on the floor of the boat, defeated by our stomachs. When we finally got close to shore we jumped ship, much to the captain's distress (we hadn't tried the ceviche yet!), and swam to shore and laid on our beach drinking pina coladas until our tummies settled. Garrett and I still laugh about the one point during the ride when Garrett was throwing up up-wind of me and it was flying on my face and I was heaving to hard to move from my spot. Even after all of it I still think this trip was a bonding experience I wouldn't trade for anything.







No comments:

Post a Comment