Monday, May 15, 2017

Universal Studios and Cape Canaveral


Right now may is sitting on my lap grunting gruffly and staring at the Tin Tin cartoon on my shirt. She seems to like the picture. I chose to stay in the car while Garrett and Mitch ran in the Publix to get some water and snacks for the road trips ahead this week. So far we've been to Universal Studios for two days, and May was incredibly compliant and easy through it all.We took full advantage of baby swap and waited in no lines today. Our overall opinion of Universal was that it was a touch underwhelming in comparison with Disney, but we had a good time still. I especially loved Diagon Alley, which was very well done.  
Hogsmeade was also fun, and had a lot of fun little shops. It downpoured towards the end of the day and we were stuck in one spot for a while, but it cleared up and we finished that park shortly after.  Mitch's younger brother Brad came with us with his little 2 year old girl, which was lots of fun. Poor little Kate ended up getting sick though, and I'm sure the rain and cold didn't help. Luckily May got through our trip without catching it. I think the problem with Universal Studios is that they're doing too many motion simulator rides, which just can't be as thrilling as real ones, and make me super sick. I steered clear of those for the most part and enjoyed the shops and characters. 
It was rainy the first day and sweltering hot the second, and I'm not sure which was more difficult haha. May didn't seem to mind, she's a trooper. We stayed at Brad and Alissa's house and had a great time chatting and exploring Tampa on Sunday. Just now we came from the beach where we watched a satellite launch from Cape Canaveral. It was pretty neat to see a space launch for the first time. Garrett and Mitch threw a baseball while we waited. May preferred sleeping.
We're heading out to Miami tonight to get settled, and I honestly don't know what we're planning on doing tomorrow. I'm just along for the ride, and enjoying it all. 








No comments:

Post a Comment