After all the warnings and trash talk about Naples online, I was pleasantly surprised by how good the city actually was. I know there are tons of pickpockets but we didn't run into anything bad so I felt fortunate. We started our day with a Pompeii escavations tour with a nice and knowledgable man who was a little hard to understand. Mt Vesuvius is quite a mountain, even with it's too blown off. I can see why people like to build around it. Pompeii was really interesting and I was surprised how well some of the indoor paintings were preserved. The views from that city must've been spectacular too. After the tour we drove back along the Amalfi coast and went out to Naples to take a look around with Michelle and Jake. We went straight to an authentic pizza shop that Rick Steve's recommends, and we all liked it.
After we strolled Spaccanapoli and Via Toledo, and shopped for a while. I finally got a new pair of fake Ray Bans cause I broke the Louis Vuitton fakies we got in Mexico, when we were in Marseille. After we ran out of sights, we returned to the ship a little early to play on the water slides, and we sat on the deck overlooking the city and Mt Vesuvius until I fell asleep. Eventually we got up and ate dinner and reviewed our plans for Rome tomorrow. Overall Naples was a great, laid back experience that exceeded my expectations.
After we strolled Spaccanapoli and Via Toledo, and shopped for a while. I finally got a new pair of fake Ray Bans cause I broke the Louis Vuitton fakies we got in Mexico, when we were in Marseille. After we ran out of sights, we returned to the ship a little early to play on the water slides, and we sat on the deck overlooking the city and Mt Vesuvius until I fell asleep. Eventually we got up and ate dinner and reviewed our plans for Rome tomorrow. Overall Naples was a great, laid back experience that exceeded my expectations.



No comments:
Post a Comment